Wednesday, July 27, 2011

10 week update

Baby Roberts again! (click to enlarge)



Today I had my physical at Naval. I got seen a lot quicker than last time, about 25 minutes. My appointment was with a nurse named Ms. Summerland and she was AHHHHmazing, just like everyone said she would be! I got to skip a pap smear because I brought my records of having one with normal results 5 months ago, score. My blood work from last week's lab came back fine, my pee came back fine, my pelvic exam and breast exam came back fine, everything looks good! Woohoo! She mentioned she could feel my ovaries whatever that means.

We looked for the baby's heartbeat on a doppler and couldn't find it, so she went and got an ultrasound machine. In the meantime I was totally applauding Baby Roberts for hiding, because I knew everything was fine and he was doing it so that mom could get an extra ultrasound. Baby Roberts is a sneak, and that is awesome.

The ultrasound machine wasn't as fancy as last week's, and you can certainly tell by the picture that it's not as good, but that's okay. She let me watch for at least 5 minutes and he was moving everywhere, which was so neat! A lot more than last week. He totally had a temper tantrum and was kicking his legs all over the place and punching nothing. This is going to be an active baby! She mentioned that he has long legs, I don't know if they will slow down or if he will be tall, because neither of us are tall but Matt has a very tall dad. Should be interesting to find out!

Heartbeat is at 160 today and everything is looking good! Soon I will be able to feel all the kicks and punches and I am excited!

The only thing I need to be focusing on is staying hydrated and packing on pounds. I weigh in at 113, so I've lost 3 pounds since homecoming three months ago. Uhhh ohhhh. But I'm eating!! I don't know what it is. The answer is obviously more Big Macs. I will rationalize my Big Macs with this.

That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment