Thursday, April 22, 2010

AAAAANGRY!

Well now I have something to write about: this stupid 'free' vacation from Stevenson Mazda.

To summarize, I won a free vacation to Myrtle Beach from a car place a few months ago. We have to pay taxes on the room but that's it, it totals to $24 for a two night stay. Awesome, right? Well I just got my stuff in the mail for it about 10 days ago and I'm just now getting around to reading the terms and conditions. They basically made it very difficult for an average person with an average job, and completely impossible for people like Matt who can't just know their schedule 60 days out and be able to ask off.

Restrictions:

1) Can't choose dates between June 1st- August 31st. When 90% of people would use this. (you're thinking, well that leaves all of May, right?)

2) Can't choose a date sooner than 60 days. 60 days from today is June 22nd, which blocks out May, and June, July, and August are already blocked out.

3) You can only check in on a Monday or a Tuesday, and it can't be within a 14 day range of a holiday. So goodbye to the first two weeks of September because of Labor Day, September 6th.

3) MATT DEPLOYS IN SEPTEMBER. And I have no idea when in September, and won't know leave dates probably until August, which would not be 60 days in advance. I know 100% for a fact I will not get an accurate deployment date and accurate leave dates 60 days in advance, that shit just doesn't happen.

Fuck. You. Travel Saver. And I keep calling their number and they have the weirdest hours. They close at 2 PM Eastern, and they don't open until 10 AM! WHO is open for four hours?? Oh yes and they're only open Mon-Thurs. Well guess what time it is? After 2. And guess what tomorrow is? Friday.

My next option is to book something after Matt leaves for me and someone else. But do I really want to spend $24 (taxes on room) for a vacation with someone else? At the moment, no. I know how I am on deployment, and I'm whiny and don't want to go on vacation with someone other than Matt. I feel like $24 for a Myrtle Beach two night vacation is such a great deal, even if it has to be sometime after mid-September, but another restriction is that you can't change your dates. And the $24 is due at their office by April 30th, so I only have a day or two longer to figure this out. I think I'm probably just going to let it go because I don't want to waste $24. I am so cheap.

I am so annoyed.

3 comments: